Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
(05-03-2020, 12:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think it's so much that people are worried about someone's bank account so much as they know $40 million per is a huge chunk of cap that kinda cripples a team's ability to sign other good players, of which the Cowboys have a lot.

I hear ya, but what can you do?  We had Dalton on a team-friendly deal and it still wasn't friendly enough so the solution the NFL has found as of late is to get a QB on a rookie deal and then put the money elsewhere.  But then your QB wins and then wants like a billion bucks per year and then it turns into a one man team situation.  We have high hopes for Burrow and if he meets them we are going to eventually have the Joe Burrow one-man squad.  Such is life.

(05-03-2020, 12:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, Boomer, Blake and Palmer all started for AZ late in their careers. So I'm sure they'll sign Andy at some point.

The life of a Bengals QB in the MB era:

start with Cincy
leave on less than stellar terms
go to your home state (Boomer = NY Jets, Palmer = Raiders, Andy = Dallas)
end up in AZ
put up some oddly high numbers at times
Nately120 buys your Cardinals jersey because who the hell in Steeler country wears that sort of thing?

So Dalton is on step 3 as of now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats - Nately120 - 05-03-2020, 03:12 PM