Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Football This Season!
(05-07-2020, 09:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Having done some more digging I have seen where there are some thoughts that sun can, over time, kill Covid-19.  That said, as it is most often spread person to person, all the sun in the world won't help if an infected person exposes others to it via droplets.  It isn't like if someone with Covid-19 sneezes or coughs the sun will instantly nuke all the droplets spread and everyone around is safe.

So a lot of people in close proximity cheering and shouting like a stadium probably isn't a good idea for awhile.  I think at best we will be seeing empty stadium games this year.  It's going to be weird in that case. I wonder if they would put in artificial crowd noise for telecasts?   It could get worse though.  If a few players  and staff start testing positive then the season will probably be shut down.

The studies that I saw said that it lasted on certain surfaces for as little 90 seconds, but this website says that sunlight can kill it even faster:

[/url]
Quote:[url=At the White House coronavirus task force briefing on Thursday evening, President Trump highlighted research at the Department of Homeland Security that found that sunlight and disinfectants — including bleach and alcohol — can kill the coronavirus on surfaces in as little as 30 seconds.]At the White House coronavirus task force briefing on Thursday evening, President Trump highlighted research at the Department of Homeland Security that found that sunlight and disinfectants — including bleach and alcohol — can kill the coronavirus on surfaces in as little as 30 seconds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Might Have Football This Season! - BFritz21 - 05-07-2020, 09:59 PM