Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints release G Larry Warford
I would still prefer Peters to Warford (though neither may want to play here). For a couple reasons:

1) I think he is a better player, even at his advanced age. The PFF grades support this.

2) I think he may come cheaper.

3) I prefer a short term (1-2 year) over a long term investment at this point. Think Warford may want a longer term deal. We have so many unanswered questions along the line that I kind of prefer a stopgap until we know who works out and who does not.

If the scheme adjustment carries over, the whole unit should be better. Plus, if Jordan plays like the guy from the second half of last year, and XSF is a fit for our scheme, and Price makes a leap mow that he is healthy, we likely do not need help at guard, and that is not even considering Johnson played G in college, Adejini, and Redmond.

At tackle, we certainly hope Jonah is the deal at LT, but he has not played a down yet. We hope Hart continues to improve and that Johnson is a starter level guy, but we do not know. And if any of those guys struggle at tackle, they are guard options. Which brings us to #4

4) Our iffy/unproven tackles could move inside to guard if they struggle, but the reverse is not true. Hence, I'd prefer OT reinforcements to guard.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Saints release G Larry Warford - pally - 05-08-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: Saints release G Larry Warford - pally - 05-08-2020, 07:31 PM
RE: Saints release G Larry Warford - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 05-10-2020, 02:10 PM
RE: Saints release G Larry Warford - Au165 - 05-12-2020, 09:45 AM
RE: Saints release G Larry Warford - pally - 07-24-2020, 11:01 PM
Larry Warford released - Geno_Can_Dunk - 05-08-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: Larry Warford released - TSwigZ - 05-08-2020, 07:04 PM