Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XSF excited to compete for starting job
(05-31-2020, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, but you also have to remember they had some unexpected developments occur, that put them in scramble mode.  Clint Boling's sudden retirement, the Jonah Williams injury are the biggest highlights of the list.  Billy Price not emerging into the star that many of us thought he would be has to also be right up there.

So it seems like XSF is going to be the leading competitor for the RG spot, and he's excited and welcoming the chance to win a starting role.  Personally, I'm glad that he's on the team.  I feel like he has the talent as well as the competitive drive to make a difference.  Obviously, I'm also stoked about Jonah Williams, from all accounts that I've read, enjoying a successful recovery from shoulder surgery.  Part of what I'm about to say might seem like blind homerism, and that doesn't bother me though.  I truly feel like Mike Jordan is going to springboard off of the late season success that he enjoyed last year, and really take a huge step forward as a dependable LG in the NFL.  If Hopkins can simply maintain the level of play that he established last season, I feel that with improved Guard play around him, he will at least appear to be even better than he looked last season.  In my immediate mind, the only position that isn't already "solidified", at least on paper, is the RT spot.  The heat will really be on Bobby Hart to get it done, as I feel like Fred Johnson and the rookie, Adeniji will be hot on his trail for those reps.

Jordan has great physical tools.  The question with him is if/when he can put it all together.  I hope he does this year, but if he doesn't, I think they have to pull the trigger and make a change pretty quickly.  Maybe have Fred Johnson at RG and kick XSF to LG.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: XSF excited to compete for starting job - Whatever - 06-02-2020, 12:44 PM