Has it ever happened in Cincinnati ?

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Tee Higgins WR
3. Logan Wilson LB
4. Akeem Davis-Gaither LB
5. Khalid Kareem DE
6. Hakeem Adeniji G
7. Markus Bailey LB

On your typical NFL team the first 3 picks normally make the team. And I'm quite sure ours are locks this season. Given our LBer issues ADG is like 99.375% a lock.

I believe they were after Kareem and I'd say there's a good chance he makes the team. Pretty much same thing with Adeniji. They targeted him in the draft and really like him ! I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make the roster ?

So that leaves Bailey. And given where we're at with that group I wouldn't consider him having no chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 04:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Has it ever happened in Cincinnati ?

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Tee Higgins WR
3. Logan Wilson LB
5. Khalid Kareem DE
6. Hakeem Adeniji G
7. Markus Bailey LB

On your typical NFL team the first 3 picks normally make the team. And I'm quite sure ours are locks this season. Given our LBer issues ADG is like 99.375% a lock.

I believe they were after Kareem and I'd say there's a good chance he makes the team. Pretty much same thing with Adeniji. They targeted him in the draft and really like him ! I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make the roster ?

So that leaves Bailey. And given where we're at with that group I wouldn't consider him having no chance.

Bailey is the only wild card IMO. Based on his injury history if he can stay healthy that helps his chances. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Tee Higgins WR
3. Logan Wilson LB
5. Khalid Kareem DE
6. Hakeem Adeniji G
7. Markus Bailey LB

I would say in a normal team most, if not all, make the team first year.  It seems very rare for draft picks to not make the team unless they have an injury issue.

I would bet that all of these guys make the team.  Some might be on injured reserve, but I'd be shocked if 6/7 weren't in the building during the year.
Reply/Quote

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Tee Higgins WR
3. Logan Wilson LB
5. Khalid Kareem DE
6. Hakeem Adeniji G
7. Markus Bailey LB

I think Kareem is actually the odd man out. I'd go out on a limb here, Bailey 100% healthy, is better than Wilson or Gaither. 
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 05:02 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would say in a normal team most, if not all, make the team first year.  It seems very rare for draft picks to not make the team unless they have an injury issue.

I would bet that all of these guys make the team.  Some might be on injured reserve, but I'd be shocked if 6/7 weren't in the building during the year.

7th rounders are the only ones that typically do not make it, if a large portion don't make it; look at ours since 2009:

2009:
Fui Vakapuna (cut, then re-signed, then cut. Never played a down)
Clinton McDonald (solid rotational dlineman, also cut, but put on PS)
Freddie Brown (disappeared off the face of the Earth)

2010:
Reggie Stephens (cut, signed by Bears, never played a down)

2011:
Korey Lindsey (cut, signed by Cardinals, never played a down)
Jay Finley (cut)

2012:
None

2013:
Reid Fragel (cut, signed by the Bucs a year later, played one game, cut)
TJ Johnson (solid STer, but we saw he wasn't the greatest at C. Not bad, but not someone to build around)

2014:
James Wright (solid STer)
Lavelle Westbrooks (cut, signed by Bills a year later, cut, never played a down)

2015:
Mario Alford (cut, brought back, played 4 games, cut, went to Browns, cut)

2016:
Fejed (probably our best 7th round pick for us, until Tate)

2017:
Schreck (cut, PS, active roster, IR, cut, PS)

2018:
Logan Woodside (cut)
Rod Taylor (IR, then cut, then PED)
Tate (the best 7th round pick in Bengals history? May be a bit early to call, but...)

2019:
Jordan Brown (cut)

2020:
Markus Bailey (we'll see)

So, that means that of the 18 7th round picks we've had since 2009:

- 11 were cut at cutdown day
- Only 4 went immediately to PS
- 1 came back after leaving the team (but still didn't play)
- Only 5 played significant snaps, in more than 1 year and one of them (Clinton), wasn't with us.

I think Bailey has the best chance to stick around of any of the previous guys (aside from Tate, Wright and Fejed, as they contributed right away).

(06-02-2020, 06:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think Kareem is actually the odd man out. I'd go out on a limb here, Bailey 100% healthy, is better than Wilson or Gaither. 

I think all will make it, but if I was a betting man, I'd agree with you.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Unless there are injuries, I think all have good chance to make 53 roster. Bailey was rated top 100 before knee injury, he and Wilson are studs. ADG will be a beast if healthy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 07:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 7th rounders are the only ones that typically do not make it, if a large portion don't make it; look at ours since 2009:

2009:
Fui Vakapuna (cut, then re-signed, then cut. Never played a down)
Clinton McDonald (solid rotational dlineman, also cut, but put on PS)
Freddie Brown (disappeared off the face of the Earth)

2010:
Reggie Stephens (cut, signed by Bears, never played a down)

2011:
Korey Lindsey (cut, signed by Cardinals, never played a down)
Jay Finley (cut)

2012:
None

2013:
Reid Fragel (cut, signed by the Bucs a year later, played one game, cut)
TJ Johnson (solid STer, but we saw he wasn't the greatest at C. Not bad, but not someone to build around)

2014:
James Wright (solid STer)
Lavelle Westbrooks (cut, signed by Bills a year later, cut, never played a down)

2015:
Mario Alford (cut, brought back, played 4 games, cut, went to Browns, cut)

2016:
Fejed (probably our best 7th round pick for us, until Tate)

2017:
Schreck (cut, PS, active roster, IR, cut, PS)

2018:
Logan Woodside (cut)
Rod Taylor (IR, then cut, then PED)
Tate (the best 7th round pick in Bengals history? May be a bit early to call, but...)

2019:
Jordan Brown (cut)

2020:
Markus Bailey (we'll see)

So, that means that of the 18 7th round picks we've had since 2009:

- 11 were cut at cutdown day
- Only 4 went immediately to PS
- 1 came back after leaving the team (but still didn't play)
- Only 5 played significant snaps, in more than 1 year and one of them (Clinton), wasn't with us.

I think Bailey has the best chance to stick around of any of the previous guys (aside from Tate, Wright and Fejed, as they contributed right away).

I think all will make it, but if I was a betting man, I'd agree with you.

You forget about TJ Houshmanzadeh in your 7th round pick assessments there Truck?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 07:30 PM)jason Wrote: You forget about TJ Houshmanzadeh in your 7th round pick assessments there Truck?

Ugh, I posted that gingerly, knowing that I hadn't thought through, the entirety of our 7th rounders...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'd be shocked if they don't.

The only one I think is even on the edge is Bailey, and that's basically only if he's still considered too injured to play immediately, in which case he'd be placed on the IR.
Reply/Quote
Don't think the Burrow guy makes it. The rest have a shot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Our luck Burrow will be the next Ryan Leaf
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 04:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe they were after Kareem and I'd say there's a good chance he makes the team. Pretty much same thing with Adeniji. They targeted him in the draft and really like him ! I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make the roster ?

Well, that can be said about every draft pick in every year though. I seldomly read something like "they were not really targeting him, they don't quite like him, they just drafted him anyway".

I think only pick 1,2 are a total lock. The rest, I'd guess it might be the same as every year. Some make it, some don't, someone even might be really special. I hope for the latter, but I still have to think at least two of those seven do not make the team.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 09:56 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Our luck Burrow will be the next Ryan Leaf

Our “luck” has been pretty good with QB’s.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our “luck” has been pretty good with QB’s.

Well......It's been about .500

Reply/Quote
Kareem will make it by default. We only have 3 DE's on the roster. His game tape isn't that bad so I think he plays a lot more then many may think.

The rest should be in. At worse Wilson will be PUP'd but he'll be 10 months out of surgery and should be good to go.

Spears, Wilcox, Swann will be the UDFA that make it. That's my "hot take".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 12:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean as far as Ryan Leaf type busts go. I’m not counting 4th and 5th round scrubs we drafted to be backups or practice squad. For all his faults Dalton certainly wasn’t a bust.

[Image: usa-today-4122073.0.jpg]

[Image: 258772014ea69578f22eb1117aa4a38e-original.jpg]

[Image: ccaaa62b093da7a0b2943b38241fe91c.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think Bailey starts the year on PUP.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 07:30 PM)jason Wrote: You forget about TJ Houshmanzadeh in your 7th round pick assessments there Truck?

(06-02-2020, 07:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ugh, I posted that gingerly, knowing that I hadn't thought through, the entirety of our 7th rounders...

Max Montoya

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: usa-today-4122073.0.jpg]

[Image: 258772014ea69578f22eb1117aa4a38e-original.jpg]

[Image: ccaaa62b093da7a0b2943b38241fe91c.jpg]

Yeah, as soon as I posted I realized you were were probably including Klinger and Akili. I was mostly just thinking Palmer and Dalton though, because between the two of them it’s been so long since we had to draft a QB early. I mean, if we start going back 20+ years most teams are going to have some misses in there.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 12:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, as soon as I posted I realized you were were probably including Klinger and Akili. I was mostly just thinking Palmer and Dalton though, because between the two of them it’s been so long since we had to draft a QB early. I mean, if we start going back 20+ years most teams are going to have some misses in there.

Boomer and Kenny A. weren't too bad.  Mellow 
Reply/Quote