Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolton:Trump ok'd China's camps, didn't know UK had nukes, thought Finland was Russia
(06-19-2020, 03:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: But this is a bit tricky now... in principle, a president should have the right that his discussions with his advisors stay confidential. I think this is a sound principle and I find it tough to step away from it just because Trump is such an illiterate moron. Which, of course, he absolutely is and Bolton doesn't really need to reval that.

On the other hand, it could be about matters of national security that Trump endangers. But if Bolton has to inform someone about Trump misdeeds, publishing a book is not the way to go about this. He could blow the whistle, or take the chance to testify in Congress, but doing neither and selling a book with this stuff instead? I don't consider that ok.

Also, we all rightfully slammed Trump for accidentally revealing too much information to Lawrow. If Bolton did something of that kind (which I don't know happened), he also deserves critizism for it and no excuse of a greater purpose. 

Classified material should remain classified. Revealing Trump asked if Finland was a part of Russia isn’t classified.

But, Bolton ain’t no LTC Alexander Vindman who risked his career to do his duty. Bolton found a way to profit from this situation which makes him a Republican.

Messages In This Thread
China's camps, didn't know UK had nukes, thought Finland was Russia - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-19-2020, 03:56 PM