Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolton:Trump ok'd China's camps, didn't know UK had nukes, thought Finland was Russia
(06-19-2020, 07:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump has singlehandedly rendered the IG oversight process completely useless.

Eh, not entirely. He has done his best to damage it, I will agree. But the IG process is still in place and there are still policies that require IG reporting to Congress.

I am with Breech on this one. 

I don't know at all that the IG process is "still in place" in any effective form. 

If there are policies that still require IG reporting, it looks like Trump will/can break them if and as such reporting becomes a threat.

Now every IG and whistleblower has to understand that protections are no longer in place.

Every decision to blow a whistle or turn in an accurate accounting has been turned into a decision as to whether one wants to keep one's job or not. And even for those courageous enough to take that risk, they must factor in that risking one's job is likely to amount to nothing.

That is enough to paralyze the process while leaving it "in place," so we hear even less about what Trump does "in confidence" as his freedom from transparency and accountability increases.

And that's why we need to read Bolton's book before deciding executive confidentiality is the real stake here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bolton:Trump ok'd China's camps, didn't know UK had nukes, thought Finland was Russia - Dill - 06-20-2020, 04:10 AM