Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(03-16-2021, 11:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: It is not authoritarian to protect the population from the selfish. It is actually the job of the government to do such things. 

In 1905 when Jacobson vs Mass has heard the death per 100k for smallpox was about 3 and some change. That was deemed unacceptable and so a fine was implemented against those who would not get vaccinated. The justices believed that "the right to preserve life is the most sacred right of man". In comparison, our death per 100k in regards to COVID is about 163 and change and it would reason that the right of those who could be impacted by lack of vaccinations have a right to life as well. 

It's just authoritarianism you agree with, which is a major problem in this country.  We decry authoritarianism until it's something we agree with. I think I read  Involuntary sterilization was also found constitutional using this very case. (I was kind of skimming)

Thurgood Marshall said it best.  If only I  could find that quote.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - michaelsean - 03-16-2021, 12:13 PM