Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(03-22-2021, 04:05 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Actually, the experts have flip flopped on numerous things covid.  Look at Fauci or the WHO.  You are assuming the experts are actually getting it correct. 

Common sense is also knowing when you are being mislead or to know the experts may not be as "expert" as they may claim.  Questioning is good vs blindly believing the experts are always correct.  Not everything has to be complicated even when it appears to be. 

The "flip flopping" is a result of learning new things about the virus. That's the scientific process. Questioning is good, but when you don't understand the issues enough to ask good questions about the topic, then you might want to step back. I don't blindly accept anything, I actually read the source documents. I read the studies and look at the data. Not only do I look at the data, I look at the data collection methods and the information about the statistical modelling. Then I look for corroborating studies and meta-analyses. I look for consensus among experts.

When these things exist, I will trust them over someone on Facebook any day of the week when they try to say that disagreeing with all of that is "common sense."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 03-22-2021, 05:27 PM