Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(04-26-2021, 04:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: I think the media is doing this pandemic a HUGE disservice by instantly reporting every event of even the slightest little side effect.It does nothing other than scare people away from getting vaccinated. There are going to be side effects....there are with virtually every vaccine. I had side effects from the Shingles vaccine. There are also people who are going to still get Covid after getting vaccinated....the vaccines are not 100% effective. But every time somebody has a negative reaction, or gets sick anyway, the media sees fit to report it. Then all you get its the "see, I KNEW it was bad" reaction from the fence sitters.

Again, one word to describe why everyone should get vaccinated...VARIANTS! Every shot we get into arms means less opportunity for the virus to reproduce, and less opportunity for it to mutate into other variants. I hear people talking on the radio about why a healthy 21 yr old with little chance of getting seriously siick from Covid should not get vaccinated. That's great....until a new more deadly variant comes out that can now make everyone, including the young seriously ill.

The media needs to realize how badly they are undermining things. Rant off.

It's the overall irrational nature of fear.  People will accept it if I say "I'm not getting the vaccine because it can cause blood clots" but if I say "I'm not leaving the house because I could die in a car accident" that is less acceptable.  Mathematically, I'm far more likely to be killed by the car accident, but we accept that risk every day so it's completely negligible to us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 04-26-2021, 05:07 PM