Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(05-21-2021, 04:53 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Right.  The VAST majority of people, vaccinated or not, do not end up on ventilators.  That does not mean vaccinations are without warrant. 

You can still "get" COVID once vaccinated, but its ability to debilitate a vaccinated person is diminished.

If let to spread unabated, the mortality rate of COVID would increase exponentially.

This is the problem with uniformed people spreading anecdotal half-information around like it holds the same weight as scientific expertise.  

I spoke with a pulmonologist last month who said exactly the bolded
--and that he has seen over a thousand people die since the beginning of the Pandemic. 

As I understood him, the vaccine doesn't 'prevent' people from getting COVID, rather it diminishes their chances of ending up on a ventilator and dying.  That's what "90% effective" refers to it. Not "90% don't get COVID after vaccination."

So of course people will "still get COVID"--it's just that a massively reduced number will experience serious effects and/or die from it. And the virus will have more difficulty spreading through them, never achieving much mass.

I think Laura and Tucker have regularly addressed the "problem" of people still getting COVID after vaccination though. How can we trust medical authorities after they lie to us?? Whatever
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Dill - 05-26-2021, 10:48 AM