Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-15-2020, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm just wondering why sis did it by state with the definer of "voted for Trump". For instance Louisiana is #1 any idea what political party their governor is affiliated with?  I see my state KY, up there pretty high and I'm quite certain our Gov is very much in the blue. 

Just like you and sis, I enjoy stats too. 

Likely because it is a more equalizing category. Using governors muddies the waters, more, because governors are elected in different years in different states, where a presidential election is the same for each state.

Edit to add: in addition, different politicians will be scattered across the spectrum. A Democrat in Kentucky or Louisiana isn't necessarily the same, ideologically, as a Democrat in New England. Same goes for Republicans. So using the election for one individual is the best comparative category.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 07-15-2020, 09:00 PM