Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-15-2020, 08:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, my sister is a scientist and progressive as hell. We both enjoy statistics because, well, statistics. She put this together.
[Image: 107692844_689789151051_26817236285054974...e=5F35528D]

What you see here is the new cases for the second week of July in each state. Negative numbers means the case rate is going down. This is all normalized for population, meaning these are cases per 100,000 residents. Now, when I say my sister is progressive, it is because she decided to break it out by states that voted for Clinton v. Trump in 2016; this the red and the blue. Then she ran a t-test on that data, which came in at p=0.0002. Interesting stuff.

On that chart it looks like two Trump winning states are doing oddly better than the rest.  Both are not what I would call traditionally "red" states: PA nad MI.

I focused in on where PA is obviously.  The state went for Trump by this by no means a "red" state overall with a Democratic Governor and Republican controlled House and Senate.  We have been very good at keeping our numbers low because of the Governor.  The GOP has filed lawsuits and passed legislation to take power away from Wolf so they can "hurry up and open the state".  I don't like how he lumps the rural counties were very few cases in with the urban centers with a lot of cases but he and Dr. Levine have done a good job here.  But the problem we face is that the Trump supporters just don't believe it is a problem.  They think it's all a plot to get Trump and deliberately harm them.  It's sad to watch.

Not really commenting on how or why the graph was done, just pointing out that little factoid while wondering how Trump will continue to spin how "Democrat led areas are doing so much worse".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 07-16-2020, 09:00 AM