Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-16-2020, 09:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Kemp is suing the Mayor of Atlanta for requiring masks...

(07-17-2020, 03:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Same in Kentucky. The AG got a restraining order against the governor's executive orders, which included mask wearing. It's going to the state supreme court.

But that's probably going to be the norm. Cameron's a good guy from what I've read, but he's trying to make a name for himself. So anything the governor does the next few years, it's likely going to end up in court. I heard he was considering making an issue out of the governor using state funds to build a fence around his residence (which is in response to armed protestors outside his kids window while an effigy of the guy was strung up).

This may seem like a position contrary to my positions on the virus, but I do have to say that I'm okay with challenges to orders. I want to be clear in saying that everyone should be wearing their masks, but I think it's important that governments govern within the boundaries set for them in the law. And while I would love for the anti-maskers to get their comeuppance in court, if they succeed then I hope that it shines a light on the flaws in our governmental system so that it can be remedied.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 07-17-2020, 07:18 AM