Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-17-2020, 07:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This may seem like a position contrary to my positions on the virus, but I do have to say that I'm okay with challenges to orders. I want to be clear in saying that everyone should be wearing their masks, but I think it's important that governments govern within the boundaries set for them in the law. And while I would love for the anti-maskers to get their comeuppance in court, if they succeed then I hope that it shines a light on the flaws in our governmental system so that it can be remedied.

I wouldnt disagree if there wasn't so obviously a political issue without regard for public safety. We've had executive orders without consultation of the Senate before (Cameron's  argument is the executive orders are overreach because he only consulted doctors, not the Senate). 

Edit to add: our state legislature (which is republican on both sides) did a good job at least early on as far as meeting and passing legislation to help. Since it became a political issue, they've fallen off some, which is unfortunate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Benton - 07-17-2020, 01:28 PM