Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-17-2020, 11:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Which is a fine position to take when it doesn't impact your health. Unfortunately, though, this will cause people to die. 

I agree, and it is very unfortunate. I am a high risk individual, myself, and grumble at those ignoring the orders in Virginia. But I would still welcome a challenge to Northam's orders if there were grounds for them.

(07-17-2020, 01:28 PM)Benton Wrote: I wouldnt disagree if there wasn't so obviously a political issue without regard for public safety. We've had executive orders without consultation of the Senate before (Cameron's  argument is the executive orders are overreach because he only consulted doctors, not the Senate). 

Edit to add: our state legislature (which is republican on both sides) did a good job at least early on as far as meeting and passing legislation to help. Since it became a political issue, they've fallen off some, which is unfortunate.

Yeah, the politics of it is asinine.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 07-17-2020, 02:32 PM