Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(08-11-2020, 11:28 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem with all of this, and similar attitudes, is that it isn't just about the individual saying these things. When people flout the masking ordinances, social distancing, etc., it's not just themselves they put at risk but everyone they interact with. If you are willing to put yourself at risk, fine, I don't care. However, the reason why the government has the authority to put out these mandates is because what you choose to do has an impact on all of those around you. The old saying about "your rights end at the tip of my nose" comes into play here because going out without a mask and getting in close to people infringes on their rights. Does it suck? Sure does. But we just need to deal with it and think of someone other than yourself.

Yep, people don't seem to realize living your life unafraid and unencumbered by covid regulations is more akin to driving drunk than not wearing your seatbelt.  Yes, you are putting yourself at risk and that's fine but you are putting others at risk and that is not fine.

But hey, I can either sit at home all scared of life and the outside world or I can truly live and drink to excess and then get behind the wheel of an automobile and possibly kill myself and others.  I mean, we take risks every day...are people so afraid of living?  Sad.

THere you go, Ted Kennedy could have stayed at home and hid but no, he went out and LIVED and you know what...someone died because of him but hey the flu could have killed her so feh...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 08-11-2020, 11:33 AM