Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-03-2020, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes I hesitated to list freest as it can be subjective unless GDP and population. But I'm not sure that refutes my point.

FWIW, I see we're up from 20th in 2015

I wasn't really trying to refute your overall point, because you aren't wrong. Everyone has a tendency to gussy up numbers in a way that makes their argument look better. I was just having a little fun.

Our data on COVID-19 isn't good, but it isn't the worst in the world by any means. That being said, we should be doing a lot better than we are. I think one of our saving graces is that we are a more spread out country than many of our WEIRD counterparts. https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

And yeah, I honestly don't put much stock in any of the "freedom indices." All of them come from a very subjective point of view. I just had to have some fun.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 09-03-2020, 03:19 PM