Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-16-2020, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: While his numbers may be wrong, I don't think they are going to change his opinion. 

My response to him would be to point out that the numbers that we do have now are where they are largely due to masking up and social distancing. Sure, not everyone is doing their part but most are. If we were somehow to go back the last few months and have no one wear a mask nor social distance, the numbers are going to be worse than what they are now, most likely far worse. 

The mortality rate may or may not change dramatically, but the total number of people infected will surely rise as well as the total number of people who died. 3% of 6 million may "only" be 200k, but 3% of 300 million is 1 million and while I think 200k is an unacceptable number, I would think that even Mickeypoo would find 1 million dead to certainly be too many.

I agree with its most, if not all of what you wrote. Except a 3% mortality rate of 300M is 9M. Which would be much worse. That would completely overwhelm the healthcare system so in addition to the 9M expected Covid deaths there would be additional deaths unrelated to Covid due to lack of resources, man power, and triage decisions.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-16-2020, 01:24 PM