Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-25-2020, 12:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We have had a huge growth in development in already developed areas. We're in the process of opening up another high school while planning for the one after that. Our most recent school was misjudged and placed in a more rural part of the county under the assumption that development would occur there. 

We're the 3rd wealthiest county in the nation, but we've let developers run rampant, and the facilities construction cost is catching up to us. We were a bunch of farms 60 years ago, and then Edward Norton's grandfather, a major developer from California, came and secretly bought up a bunch of land and built this planned community (Columbia, MD) that is now one of the most praised cities in the nation, both for planning, inclusion, and livability. It was just named the 5th best place to live by Money Magazine (They were 1st for a few years including 2016 but dropped last year to 20th). We went from super rural to super burbs in 30 years.

I grew up in the city south of it but lived in the same county.

Crazy!  Sort of like Fairfield.  I grew up there from 74' - 86' and Rt 4 was pretty bare.  Jungle Jims was just a little hut.  lol.  The couple times i've been back it is crowded and congested.  Nothing like when I was living there.

I am somewhat familiar with Maryland.  I was stationed at the Pentagon when I was in the USAF.  I also worked in Rockville on a 6 month contract.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Mickeypoo - 09-25-2020, 01:22 PM