Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-16-2020, 02:27 AM)samhain Wrote: It probably says something in terms of intent.  I think it's fairly safe to say that people in leftist groups are just as capable of taking a life as people in right wing ones, so why aren't they?  Tearing stuff up and assaulting people is shitty, but it isn't murder.  When the far right acts violently, the outcome is much more likely to result in someone losing their life.  To me, that's a step up from destruction of property and street brawls.

That question points to an explanation of why number-of-murders is a good indicator of unacceptable "violence" and danger to society.

If a group targets property rather than people, then I don't have a problem calling them "less violent," even if they break 500+ windows compared to a right wing group that only kills 5 people.  (The underlying assumption here is that people are more important than property; that's what makes murder "a step up.")

If a member of a white supremacist movement marches into a Sikh temple or a Baptist church shooting with intent to kill, I'd say his inclination towards violence is greater than BLM protestors who, in the heat of the moment, start throwing rocks back when attacked by police.

Actions and their results also have to be assessed with regard to intent and goals. People whose group goal is to kill peaceful citizens of a different race are a greater danger than people whose goal is to break windows or assault people whose group goal is to kill peaceful citizens of a different race.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Dill - 07-16-2020, 03:49 AM