Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-16-2020, 02:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No worries, and we both agree that extremism of any sort is a problem.  I think part of the issue here is, aside from the lack of data, is that right wing extremists tend towards the grander action while left wing extremists engage in more mundane, but frequent, activity.  Post Vietnam era the type of organized left wing extremism does not exist on the same level as right wing.  Also, bigger events tend to get more press and DOJ attention then day to day criminal activity.  One need look no further than Islamic terrorism to see a perfect example of this.  

Based on what I see, and what is reported to me by friends in the Seattle and Portland area, Antifa is a major fomentor of violence on a frequent basis.  Whether you want to view them as one organization or a loose affiliation of like minded people the fact is they refer to themselves as a whole.  They are a significant problem, especially in accelerating polarization and normalizing violence as a reaction to disagreement and they absolutely should be addressed, just as right wing extremism should.

That's a good point. For decades we did hear about left wing extremists bombing government buildings. Now we hear about right wing extremists trying to build bombs while left wing extremists are hitting Neo Nazis and Proud Boys with bats. The violence of the latter is important but can get lost in the grand scheme of things while the magnitude of the former is unavoidable. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - BmorePat87 - 07-16-2020, 02:40 PM