Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
I don't have links, but I've been seeing articles on FB about Federal Law Enforcement driving around Portland in plain clothes and unmarked vehicles to scout out and detain leftist protesters. The articles allege than many of the detainees are being held at Chicago-Style "black sites" and are not being charged with crimes. I'll wait to see more info and other angles to pass judgement, but if this is the case, it's no bueno.

If Feds want to arrest and detain people for crimes, then I'm all for it. If they want to bust vandals and assailants, then go nuts. Doing so minus charges is illegal as hell and should scare the hell out of everyone. And yes, if they did this to right-wing groups, I'd say the exact same. This sort of thing is a slide into authoritarianism. If the Feds can do this to leftists, who's to stop them from doing it to people on the right if a Dem Justice Dept comes to power? Who's to stop them from doing it to anyone?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - samhain - 07-17-2020, 05:30 PM