Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-18-2020, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The NRA is the one creating a boogey man.

We desperately need gun licensing and registration to help keep guns out of the hands of criminals and to link guns used in crimes to owners.  It is a law that woulkd save a lot of lives.  A majority of Americans support this when they understand that backgroyund checks are a joke as long as any individual can sell a gun to any other individual without a backgroiund check.

But the NRA has convinced them that gun licensing and registration is nothing but a tool for for gun confiscation.  In other words the want to protect the criminals who want to break the law by keeping guns if they ever are outlawd.  But the truth is that only a small minority of the public supports making guns illegal. 

I mostly agree.  I bought my first Glock about 3 years ago.  I was mildly surprised with the ease of the buying process.  The guys there could probably tell that I wasn't a longtime gun enthusiast or collector.  I told them I wanted something easy for home defense, and they basically told me to either get a shotgun or a Glock.  They were pretty specific about what weapon would have the better likelihood of killing someone if the situation came down to that.  And yeah, background checks are pretty laughable.  They asked a few questions and got some personal info, but it went by fast enough that I asked them if that was all they needed from me, lol.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - samhain - 07-18-2020, 07:18 PM