Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-18-2020, 07:18 PM)samhain Wrote: I mostly agree.  I bought my first Glock about 3 years ago.  I was mildly surprised with the ease of the buying process.  The guys there could probably tell that I wasn't a longtime gun enthusiast or collector.  I told them I wanted something easy for home defense, and they basically told me to either get a shotgun or a Glock.  They were pretty specific about what weapon would have the better likelihood of killing someone if the situation came down to that.  And yeah, background checks are pretty laughable.  They asked a few questions and got some personal info, but it went by fast enough that I asked them if that was all they needed from me, lol.

At least there was a pretense of a background check.  What I am talking about is individuals like you who can pass a background check selling your gun to whoever you want with no background check required.  And if that guns ends up in the hand of akiller their is no way to track where he got it from.

Right now if police were to encounter a large group of people with guns thay would have no idea if these people could legally posses them without detaining the people long enough to run the criminal history of all of them, and they still would not know if any of them had mental illness problems.  Or if they have to deal with a group of convisted felons in a car with a lot of guns as long as there is one non-felon in the car he can claim all of the guns are his and there is nothing the police can do about it.

The lack of licensing and registration make it way too easy for criminals and people with mental health problems to buy and posses guns.

I was raised around guns.  I currently own a gun. I am not for banning guns.  But the state of the law regarding gun ownership is ridiculous.

if licensing and registration automatically lead to gun confiscation then why are people still allowed to legally own fully automatic weapons?  They have been required to be licensed and registered for decades.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - fredtoast - 07-19-2020, 09:37 AM