Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-23-2020, 02:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Here's my rub, when discussing this issue with folks I know in the area, they are talking about how isolated this is. I don't know how accurate it is what they are saying, but that's their view on it. Also, I don't think anyone really has too much of an issue if feds were reacting to this stuff. That is completely reasonable. However, the video that really kicked off the controversy was someone walking on a street not involved in something like this. There have, as has been pointed out, instances where people have been picked up mistakenly. I've seen video of journalists, credentialed and everything, being cuffed and searched including removing their credentials from their waist all while they are vomiting from the tear gas.

We can all see that there is some rough shit going down in Portland, but there does seem to be activity from law enforcement that isn't helping the situation at hand.

I don't wholly disagree.  What I really don't like about this situation is the utterly gutless mayor of Portland could solve this problem tomorrow by imposing a 6 PM curfew for the area effected and arrest anyone breaking the curfew.  This is no longer a protest, it's a battlefield and the mayor won't stop it for god only knows what reason.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-23-2020, 04:44 PM