Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-25-2020, 10:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Simply one was right wing so some defend it.  One is left wing so some attack it.

Peaceful is peaceful and adding troops that are beating and gassing and shooting peaceful protestors now is bad no matter how they handled them then.

IMO Trump is a wounded animal.  The economy was going to carry him to a second term where he'd play golf and smash libs for another four years without much accountability at all.  Now he's in a very different situation, and he has no clue how to control it.  IMO he's hoping that one or more of these federal agents gets killed by protestors.  It will give him something to run on and a war to wage for his base.  He's already discussed sending troops to "democratic" run cities.  He's not defending the country, he's defending his base and trying to scare the undecideds.  

To be clear, if a Dem president was in a similar scenario, I'd be equally opposed to the methods.  If the Proud Boys or the 3 Percenters were getting picked up by masked Feds who's organizational affiliation was unclear, I'd call it authoritarianism.  If Neo Nazis were detained without charges, I'd call it illegal and unconstitutional.  It's unreal and should not happen here.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - samhain - 07-26-2020, 05:33 AM