Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(07-26-2020, 11:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: None of us know if this guy pointed his weapon or not, and if there’s any evidence he did we’ll find out eventually. Let the cops figure this one out. If he did, he’s the blame for his own death. If he didn’t, the driver will be going to jail.

I completely agree. 

Quote:This story does highlight a pretty interesting look at how people will justify or vilify pointing weapons at people based on if it’s someone walking on your neighborhood’s private street versus someone driving into a crowd of people.

I completely disagree.  Everyone has access to public areas, hence their presence in such an area could not logically be construed as a threat to others within it.  Private areas should only be accessible to those who own the area or otherwise have legitimate business within it.  Put simply, a loud angry crowd marching down the center of the public street on which my house is located may very well cause me alarm, but it would not, legally, give me cause to fear for my safety.  The exact same angry crowd marching down the center of the private street of my gated community would almost certainly give me cause me alarm and cause me to fear for my safety.  Its the same as someone being in your backyard or on the sidewalk in front of your home.  One is public and easily accessible and the other is the opposite of that.  Hence the level of alarm and fear for one's personal safety would absolutely not be the same from a legal, "reasonable person" standpoint.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-27-2020, 02:18 AM