Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(08-27-2020, 12:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: https://twitter.com/AnonOpsSE/status/1298627537980010504

Ok, I see Kyle running away from the first guy who got shot. What am I getting wrong?

If Kyle initiating the confrontation, then he has a duty to retreat. There is no evidence either way on that one. In addition, though, it was one person chasing him and he was getting away until he made the decision to turn around and fire at the person chasing him. Under Wisconsin law, there needs to be a reasonable fear for life or serious injury for self-defense, which would have to play out in court to ascertain. But I have to reiterate, here, that if Kyle initiated the confrontation, even though he was being chased, he has a duty to retreat under Wisconsin law meaning that decided to stop running, turn around, and shoot his pursuer was a violation of that duty.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Belsnickel - 08-27-2020, 12:13 PM