Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(02-05-2021, 07:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: While I am very much on the side of self-defense for Rittenhouse, he will be found guilty for some of the charges because of the whole illegal possession of a firearm situation.

He absolutely should be found guilty of illegally acquiring and possessing a firearm.  But, as you and I know, this has no bearing on his self defense claim at all.

Quote:In addition, there can be a very convincing argument made that he was the initiator (not saying I agree with that argument, but it can be made) and it could be more likely to convince the judge when he has been acting like a little shit and been hanging out with white supremacist militia types.

I agree an argument can be made, I don't think it's convincing at all.  Stopping someone from pushing a burning dumpster into a gas station is not provocation to assault that person.  In any other situation that act would be viewed as heroic.

Quote:Not only that, but it takes only one to hang a jury. That can often mean a retrial. So even if there is one in the mix it doesn't automatically mean it will get Rittenhouse off the hook.

Yeah, no way the DA lets this go after a single hung jury.  This is a political prosecution to begin with, so they won't let it go in the interests of justice.  Rittenhouse has a self defense argument wet dream scenario.  Virtually everything is on film and completely exonerates him.  The fact that murder charges were filed at all really makes me disappointed in the DA of that county.  But being disappointed with DA's seems to be the norm of late.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-05-2021, 12:44 PM