Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(02-05-2021, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was called for jury duty for a murder trial and the prosecution used one of his strikes to remove me in the basis of my having an advanced degree in psychology. 

I was a bit disappointed but also amused by it all. 

Only time I got called it was "Jury Celebration Week" or some such thing.  We had coffee and donuts every morning.

I got called for the first case the first day.  We went out after we were seated.  Came back and they had reached a plea deal.  I didn't even have my name called until the last case on the last day...which would have meant I was there longer than the couple days we were called for if I got on the jury.  Originally I wasn't in the box and then a couple got removed for personal reasons.  I got on the jury for about 15 minutes and then the I got removed because I had two relatives that worked in law enforcement (one in a prison).  Can't say I was disappointed because I didn't want to miss any more work, but the case was pretty interesting.

The entire few days was interesting as I love courtroom stuff. I enjoyed the "behind the scenes" view I got even if it was very limited.

Oh and turned out one of my cousins was there the same week along with someone my wife graduated with so we just hung out for a couple days!   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - GMDino - 02-05-2021, 01:38 PM