Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ProFootballOutsiders ranks 2019 Bengals #1
(08-06-2020, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller have been doing a "Top 5" of every NFL position group. Bengals haven't earned top 5 yet. They came closest in DB. Pretty sure the Steelers have been top 5 in every category. They are currently doing ST. If the Bengals don't make Top 5, bfine will be phoning in.

I've been disagreed with about it on here before, but I'm not as impressed by Pittsburgh as many here and in the national media seem to be.  I grant that the front 7 on defense is pretty impressive, but I just don't have the same fear of that offense anymore.  Conner isn't overly special, Schuster was exposed as a guy that's not quite a true number 1 last year, and Ben is old and banged up.  I know that dismissing them is dangerous, but I just don't have the same fear that I had when Bell and Brown were there.  Those two were legitimately considered two of the best weapons in the game for several years.  I still think it will be tough sledding for Ben without those two.

Also, I never have a high regard for Steeler DBs as a collective group, and this season is no different.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ProFootballOutsiders ranks 2019 Bengals #1 - samhain - 08-06-2020, 08:10 PM