Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-24-2020, 09:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then we have the "good people on both sides" argument which melds into "Yes, they are a self avowed violent right wing group that calls for the death of anyone that opposes them (my proof that will not be linked again)...but maybe they didn't start it" which acts to absolve one group from their "personal responsibility" for their actions.

You've been asked to produce proof of them starting anything, you haven't.  You are certainly correct that they appear in places to deliberately provoke antifa.  But they cannot be blamed when antifa actually starts the violence.  As lame as they are, I can't hold them equally responsible for the violence when antifa is the group that routinely starts the violent confrontations.

Quote:I understand their "right" to exist but I don't have to like it or try to pretend that they are they to peacefully protest vs being there to cause trouble and start violence that will then be used to attack the entire movement and the people who ARE peacefully protesting.

We've been over this before.  If you're a "peaceful protester" you should probably not protest with people who've engaged in violence on a  continuous basis for weeks, if not months.  Violence that they start in every instance. If you're still choosing to protest with those people then you've chosen to make them part of your movement, not me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-24-2020, 11:56 AM