Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(08-26-2020, 08:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder if we could cut back on all these protests if we stopped shooting black men seven times in the back for walking away?

Probably not as the Portland protests had nothing to do with the incident in WI.  But deflection attempt noted.

Quote:Or if when the police broke into the wrong house, shot two people (killing one) and then lied on their reports if they got, I don't know, charged with something?  Anything?

To borrow a line from your side, the police are "largely peaceful", therefore you should have no issues with them.  The very smal percentage who act as you state should not represent the whole movement, er, I mean profession, correct?

Quote:Cause some can complain about the violent end of the protesting spectrum but that says nothing toward the root cause of the protests at all.

Law enforcement isn't the root cause of these riots, they are the target of these riots.  But again, deflection attempt noted.

Quote:That's a person playing with matches around an oil tank and then complaining that the fire spread and no one is stopping it while standing in line to buy matches.

Nah.  See in your analogy the gasoline and matches are inanimate objects without free will.  In the real world people are choosing to engage in nightly riots and local government is choosing to allow them to do so.  You keep trying to liberate these rioters from any sense of personal responsibility.  This would be fine if the mob was made up of eight year olds.  But it's made up of adults who are responsible for their behavior.  You keep making excuses for them though and then keep wondering why they keep rioting.  If only the good protesters would turn in the bad ones, then we wouldn't have this problem.  Sound familiar?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-26-2020, 11:58 AM