Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-29-2020, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not the first time it was said that the "inner city" and "one race" are causing all the problems.  A dramatic oversimplification with racial undertones.

People can call it whatever they want...it is not different than Trump's "warning" that "They" will come to the suburbs and destroy your lives.

If you really can see no difference between the two statements, if you honestly feel that Mickey said something equally appalling as warning "they come to get you", then you're creating taboos that make stating facts a racist deed, and that can't be the way to lead a debate. In fact, he said nothing of that kind (for starters, he talked about blacks killing blacks, not about blacks coming for you) and if you fail to see that, that's on you.

If homicide rates are that high as in the US, and around 50% of homicides are committed by blacks, and 90% of black murder victims are committed by blacks, it does seem quite reasonable to see an issue there that to some extent includes race. Demanding that be politely denied is absurd, and you'd have to treat me the same and call me a racist as well now for stating these numbers and takes, just like you called Mickey one. I await your meme.

(10-29-2020, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: 80% of whites are killed by whites.

Clearly "one race" is the problem.

This 80% number was not disputed. But around 50% of homicides are committed by a 14% minority, and these numbers should go undisputed as well. That's the issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - hollodero - 10-29-2020, 12:10 PM