Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
I also think in order to have serious conversation about race and crime, we must not end the conversation at "black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime (violent or otherwise, but especially violent)." I don't think this board broaches topics of even if black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime, what percentage of black people actually commit the crimes, and is it fair to take a small percentage of population committing crimes to then apply profiling (conscious/subconscious) to the larger population of that type EDIT: I meant I don't think this board broaches enough into the weeds of this, as IMO, is necessary.

I don't have the stats, and I'm not saying yes or no that the stats bear which way the argument would go, only that unless we bring out those stats, this conversation is not really meaningfully fair. For example, hypothetically if the stats show that while blacks commit 60 % of the crimes, while only being 10 % of the population, but within that, the stats were to show that only 5% of the black population was committing those crimes, then, we need to address if profiling is really applied correctly, or unfairly prejudicially. NOTE: All the numbers were made up and I just wanted to make a hypothetical scenario. I'm not claiming any of these numbers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - masterpanthera_t - 10-29-2020, 06:19 PM