Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-30-2020, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have a feeling this thread is about to get locked.

So here is my final comments.

The BLM protests are over minorities being treated differently than white people by police.

I believe than any mention of the crime rate among blacks in this discussion is an attempt to deflect blame from the police or somehow claim that black people deserve to be treated differently.  The reason I believe this is that the issue of crime rate among blacks has NOTHING to do with the police judging people by the color of their skin.

I am one who does not deny the problem of crime in the black community.  It is not racist to admit that the black community as a whole has a problem with crime.  What is racist is judging individual black people based on the stereotype.  And that is EXACTLY what racial profiling is.  No matter what the crime rate is among blacks that does not justify the police treating individual black people differently based on the color of their skin.

My issue with that is that the poster of said post clarified multiple times that it was not meant in the way you keep understanding it. I'd advocate for just accepting that and move on. Even more so for as you yourself say, what was stated was factually correct. And I find it weird to insist on argueing that a factually correct statement with no further implications needs to be treated as having all kinds of further implications, like being in favor of racial profiling or judging an individual on a stereotype. No one promoted things like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - hollodero - 10-30-2020, 05:16 PM