Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread
(08-21-2020, 09:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Iglesias and Lorenzen have to traded, released, sent down, at a minimum moved to middle relief. Neither is consistent enough to be used late. There's not any room for recovery now, AT ALL.

In order for the Reds to have much of a chance they need to win 35 games +. That means they have to go 25-12 or probably better from here on out. There's like 9 teams with less looses than them. 

Frankly I don't think they have much of a chance, they've already dug to big a hole. If they don't take these next 3 against the Cards it's gonna just be to much.

I do not know how many Reds need to win to finish 2nd or 3rd in NL Central to get into play-offs,   I do know Reds better take at least 2 of the next 3 this weekend.  

How is Garrett this year and is it maybe his turn to be Reds Closer. I don't want to hear that Lefty set up garbage.  A lot of Leftys have been Closers on teams. It is time for Bell to shake things up.  Has anybody read The Long Season of 1961 Reds as per a bullpen pitcher.  Manager Hutchinson used who was Hot and he expected outs. If a bullpen guy didn't get the first batter or 2 out. Hutch took them out fast.  His quick hook and going with who's Hot got Reds to World Series.   Right now, Iglesias and Lorenezen are Cold and would be way down the bench in Hutch dog house.  Garrett would be getting Closing chances and if he lets 2 batters on, Hutch would get the quick hook on him.  The idea in the book is everybody has to fight every game for a good spot in bullpen,  and the cream rises to the top. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-21-2020, 04:43 PM