Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread
(08-22-2020, 01:15 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well he didn’t, but closer Iggy showed up tonight. He’s such a stereotype closer. Save situation, lights out. Non-save situation, can’t throw a strike.

He hasn't been lights out in save situations.  Nobody has blown more saves over 2019 and 2020 than he has in all of baseball. So he blew it Thursday and got a save Friday, and that is not lights out.   Would it help Reds if he lowered his 7 runs a game ERA and became more consistent in winning games, YES. 

I also have to add Reds do not have to go on huge winning streak and I wish people would forget about the Cubs way out in front.  Reds need to finish in 2nd or 3rd for play-offs in Covid 2020.  That means Brewers and Cardinals with Pirates in last place.  Reds were in 2nd before Saturday Covid suspension. When Reds came back Wednesday, they were in 4th.  So right now, the Reds need to win 1 or 2 more from Cardinals.  This means Mahle and Miley will have to step it up also.  If Reds get 2 wins out of Mahle AND Miley, now THAT will be Amazing.  Winning 1 of the 2 would get Reds a split with St Louis.  

So one game at a time, one series at a time,  Reds are chasing Brewers and Cardinals, not Cubs.  2nd place is in play-offs.  2 of 3 NL Teams in 3rd will be in play-offs.  Reds are chasing Cardinals and Brewers, not Cubs.  Once in play-offs the Cubs go back to even with whoever in 2nd or 3rd.  I was on a Little League that won season but lost play-offs. Once play-offs begin, it's a whole new season. Reds do need to move up on Brewers and Cardinals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-22-2020, 02:06 PM