Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread
OK, so Reds salvaged a sweep and did some damage control. Reds tied with Brewers for 3rd, but neither in 3rd place play-off spot which would go to Rockies and Phillies. Phillies being the worst record of the 2.

Now comes 4 game series with Chicago Cubs in 1st, followed by 3 game series with St Louis Cardinals in 2nd.

A win tonight is huge because if you win game 1, you eliminate chance of being swept. You set up better chance of getting a split. Maybe even winning. ...If Reds lose tonight, they will be playing behind and could lose series, even get swept.

Reds have Mahle on the mound. They are trying to save Antone with Bauer Saturday. Disco off, wife having a baby. Sims used 2 innings last night as Bell took Miley out after 4 with a 1 hit, 0 run game, around 60 pitches, Sims started 5th and 6th. So Mahle on the mound and maybe rule out and Antone and Sims as long relief help. So if Mahle doesn't have it, it could fall to Stephenson, Lorenzen, Biddle, Jones, Thornburg as one of them in early.

The Reds used new shortstop last night and Reds plan to play him a lot. I don't know where that leaves Moose, Votto, Galvis, Farmer, but announcers said Reds thinking Galvis at 2nd. That would mean Moose or Votto as DH and Reds in 2020 do need a solid DH. Castillo and Winker have locked up 2 of OF spots. Shogo seeing a lot of action in CF with Senzel out. Lead-off hitter not so good for Reds. Votto does have one of best on base % in baseball history, he is up there with the greats on that.

I'm not sure what short season trade deadline is. Votto didn't play in double header, but that could be anything.

Mahle on the mound. I think Hendricks for Cubs. Reds new shortstop shakes up line-up a lot. They are looking at DP combo of Garcia & Galvis at SS & 2nd. That means Moose or Votto to DH...we will see.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread - kevin - 08-28-2020, 09:34 AM