Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m.
(09-04-2020, 04:06 PM)Skidooboy Wrote: Hi Folks!

I'm a lifelong Bengals Fan from Canada. Fell in love with the the Team as a 11year old kid and I saw those Tiger stripes in 81.

For some reason we got Cinci games where I lived in Ontario Canada on our old TV tower....

Between the stripes and Ken's moustache...I was hooked!

It's been tough following the team as I've moved away...but I kept up.. the lonely life of a Bengals fan in western Canada.news papers and national games and playoffs were my only contact for decades...but I followed.  No one to share the ups adn downs with..everyone here is a Vikings or Packers fan! Nothing but shade and jokes for my team in the sportsbars here. But I persist. Now with DAZN i can watch every game!!!!!!

Flash forward to this year. I live in Manitoba, am a DIEHARD CFL BLUE BOMBERS FAN and still hope every year my beloved Bengals will win...Then the Bengals go and sign Winstone Rose!!!!  Bombers loss, but Bengals win! After watching this guy in the CFL I can say he's a gifted athlete with a huge toolbox..... I think he has the raw talent and ethic to make it in the NFL.....

I see Rose is on most peoples 53 man roster...just wondering how you see him fitting in to the group? will he be a platoon/ Injury replacement? or does he have a chance to start some games?

What do ya all think?

Anyhow this year has me feeling as optimistic as the 2012 off season (when I was sure Dalton was gonna drag the team to the championship.) so I decided to find a fan forum and join my fellow fans in this the most auspicious of seasons.

Who Dey? Some of them are Friendly Manitobans.

I think Rose is right on the edge of the 53 man roster. We will likely play 3 CBs most of the time, and keep at least 5 (if not 6-7) CBs on the roster.

Our #1 CB (Waynes) got injured in camp and will miss most/all of the season, so everyone on the CB depth chart got bumped up a spot. Further, the two guys most likely to replace him have both missed a bit of time (Sims & Phillips), the former for personal reasons and the latter with small injuries. One of our other CBs left camp to search for his father who went missing in the woods in Florida, and promptly got arrested for allegedly assaulting the guy last seen with his father (who got separated from him in the woods). He is back now, but both he (Alexander) and our other starting corner (Jackson) are free agents after this year, so some CB depth seems a good idea.

Because of NFL roster rules, if we think Waynes can return this year, he has to make the roster, then be placed on Injured Reserve, and then we can designate a player to replace him on the roster. But that player has to ne released first. Rose could be that guy.

I'd rate him as the 5th/6th CB we have healthy. Jackson, Alexander, Phillips, Sims, then Brown & Rose. There are some other guys in the mix with previous experience in Cincy (Mabin & McTyer).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-04-2020, 06:05 PM