Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m.
(09-05-2020, 05:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In retrospect, the roster decisions make a ton of sense. What I mean is, that with no preseason games, it is very difficult for a new/unproven player to unseat a guy who has a proven track record with the team. It is tough to give more weight to scrimmage performance over game performance. 

One could say the draft picks are unproven, but we scouted those guys extensively and had saw many of them up close at Senior Bowl. Ditto our big FA signings, all of whom made the team (including Sims & Thomas).

Other than the draft picks/FAs very few "new" guys made the team. Of those, Perine was with the team last year and Covington was a trade acquisition and Reader likely vouched for him from their time in Houston together.

The only real newbie to make the team was T. Brown at corner. And I could be missing a connection there.

Agreed, and Tony Brown has been playing really good in TC from what I hear.

(09-05-2020, 05:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Here is the 53. 25 on O. 25 on D. 3 ST. Waynes will be put on IR and someone will replace him.

QB (2). Burrow; Finley.
RB (4). Mixon; Bernard, T. Williams, Perine.
WR (7). Green, Boyd, Ross; Higgins, Tate, Erickson, Thomas.
TE (3). Uzomah; Sample, Carter
OL (9). J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, XSF, Hart; Johnson, Price, Redmond.
DL (9). Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Lawson, Daniels, Covington, Kareem, A. Brown.
LB (6). Bynes, Pratt; L. Wilson, ADG, Evans, Bailey.
CB (6). Jackson, Alexander, Phillips; Sims, T. Brown, Waynes
S (4). Bell, Bates; S. Williams, B. Wilson.
ST (3). Bullock, Huber, Harris.

Just like I thought. Cool
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 53 Man Roster due Saturday the 5th at 4 p.m. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-05-2020, 06:12 PM