Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My expectations for the season going in
(09-14-2020, 01:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm in agreement with much of the OP's post.

I'm more concerned with development and positive signs for the future than I am with trying to finish .500 or above.

That said, I do have some expectations for the staff.  I expect a minimum of 5 wins.  A 2 win season, followed by a 4 or less win will get someone fired pretty much anywhere else.  If it's not acceptable elsewhere then it shouldn't be acceptable here.

I also am looking for improved play calling, scheming and gameplan.  I need to see evidence that Zac Taylor is capable of running the offense and is properly preparing his guys.

I'm sorry, but after yesterday I'd have to give Zac Taylor an F for that game.  The use of timeouts is unforgiveable, and the playcalling left a lot to be desired.

I'm having a hard time believe right now that's he's going to hit my 5 win minimum or that he's going to prove himself a capable play caller.  But the good news is he's got 15 more games to win me over.

I'm not asking for much.  I just need to see a relatively small amount of improvement.

It amazes me we give Taylor a free pass to win in 2020. The guy is now 2-15 and making ML look like a HOF coach which we know he is not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My expectations for the season going in - Luvnit2 - 09-14-2020, 01:25 PM