Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My expectations for the season going in
(09-15-2020, 08:53 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Because they wanted to negate the pass rush. Last thing they wanted was Burrow to have to sit back there and let plays have to develop especially with an absolutely terrible route runner in Ross and AJ just being worked back in the lineup.

Only issue I had all day long was the 3rd and 1 in the 3rd quarter where they took the deep shot to AJ where he was OOB. I would have pounded Mixon twice there if need be for the 1st down to establish the OL more and give them confidence.

Ross flails miserably on a TD, Burrow misses AJ on a simple TD pass, they get screwed on a very iffy PI call on AJ and Bullock misses a chippy. Any one of 3-4 plays snatched defeat from the hands of victory.

On that particular play, I remember seeing a RB creeping off into the flat as an outlet. I didn't get a chance to see if a DB was coming up to cover, but if not, he was WIDE OPEN. Even if a back was coming up, it looked like he would have probably been able to at least pick up the yard. There wasn't a defender in view of the camera. Things the rookie will learn to look for.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My expectations for the season going in - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-15-2020, 09:31 AM