Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow Less than Stellar in debut
(09-14-2020, 11:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That one, and the shovel pass that Ingram picked off are probably the plays that kept him up last night. He’ll get his timing with AJ down though, and I would hope Taylor chewed his ass out for the Int.

No doubt....but those are just rookie mistakes.... especially the INT. He was just trying to make too much happen there. He didn't get rattled, and that's key. 

(09-14-2020, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He definitely put it on himself. He said a “high school QB” could have made the throw to AJ in the EZ. I think he’s being a little too harsh on himself though. Some rookies would have panicked under all that pressure in the first half and turned it over a bunch of times. He was far from perfect, but we led most of the game, and were one play away from winning (or at least OT).

Yes, but you gotta like hearing that from a guy coming off his first start. I don't think he's a guy that will let things get in his head. Hell, he bounced right back in the same game. He was harassed early and often. It's almost as if he wasn't used to having time to throw and let the adrenaline get the best of him on that missed TD.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow Less than Stellar in debut - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-14-2020, 11:53 AM