Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow Less than Stellar in debut
(09-14-2020, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't get to watch the game. I was basing my opinion on stats.
Their offense is ranked 26th in PF and 23rd in yards out of 28 teams who have played.
Last year, as people are aware, their offense was 30th in PF and 26th in yards.

From what I read on Twitter (where I get my updates from games I don't get to watch), my sentiment that playcalling needs to improve is shared amongst many others.

As you said though, the run game seemed fine. But the passing game - ick.
Granted Burrow had hardly any time to throw because the OL is a sieve, but the play calling needs to adjust to account for that.
Hopefully we see an improvement moving forward.

I watched it back again today, the play calling was fine (Haven't see 22 yet), but he struggled when Bosa was in with pressure. Second half he really did better as Bosa took more breaks and you saw him scan the field more and work down the field a bit. Again, playcalling seemed fine and I especially like some of the backside crossers to Uzomah later in the game we set up with similar-looking runs earlier where he blocked down at the second level early then ran past them in route late. That was a play they stole straight out of the 49ers playbook.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow Less than Stellar in debut - Au165 - 09-14-2020, 12:18 PM