Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow Less than Stellar in debut
(09-14-2020, 12:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When the reporter asked him to grade himself, i instantly thought in my head "D", so it was good to hear him say that. 

I don't expect what i saw from him in college, right off the bat. At least not to the same extent. I will expect to see flashes, like we did on the final couple drives (minus the stupid flip/interception). 

I remember my excitement back when Boomer started. There were growing pains but there were also flashes of what was to come. I'll be patient and look for the flashes and then the consistency as he gains experience playing against professional defenses.

A "D" is a fair grade. 26th out 28 for QBR is pretty much a failing grade. That being said, there is a lot of room for improvement and let's hope it's all up from here.

Also, Mixon looked the same as always. 3.6 yards/carry certainly doesn't warrant his contract. And I don't want to hear how bad the OL run blocking is. Plenty of less talented RBs get yards behind lousy lines (ex. Leonard Fournette, Saquon Barkley, Steven Jackson, etc.) He needs to start earning his money.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow Less than Stellar in debut - Chezaugie - 09-14-2020, 01:37 PM