Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow Less than Stellar in debut
(09-14-2020, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, you're really going to dog on a day 1 starting QB who had virtually no OTAs, no preseason games, and a truncated training camp?  

Gee whiz, do you remember Andy Dalton in that first preseason game versus Detroit?  I do, and I think that Joe did a little better.  In fact, he grew as the game wore on.  He put the team on his back, carried them to the 3 yard line, threw what should have been the game winning ball, only to get let down by circumstance.

Sure, he made plenty of rookie mistakes.  He did atone, and take the team under his control.  He can't control some things, like WR/DB hand fighting, how an official is going to view a play, etc.  When it came down to the wire, Joe was electric.  I haven't been that enthused as I was watching that drive, since the opening of the '05 playoff game, before seeing Palmer writhing on the ground.  Joe is a winner, he's here to do great things.

Is this a joke? I was nice, very nice and very fair. Anyone thinking my original post was dogging him needs to grow a pair.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow Less than Stellar in debut - Luvnit2 - 09-14-2020, 11:42 PM