Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Zac Taylor’s team too football woke?
(09-15-2020, 11:58 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Too "football woke?"  Um, I don't think so.  After all, the defense was hitting very hard, especially Jessie Bates.  I hear he's appealing both penalties levied against him which he should.  He hit those guys hard but he hit them clean.

The offense is another story; I don't see aggressiveness or "push" from the offensive line and I don't think this is due to "football wokeness."  Rather, I believe it's due to lack of proper technique.  After the game Willie Anderson spoke at length on Bobby Hart's inability to use his outside hand correctly; this is a very advanced technique!  Willie explained how correct use of the outside hand against a defensive end keeps him in his lane.

If the Cincinnati Bengals want to immediately upgrade the offensive line I think poopcanning Jim Turner might be a thought followed by hiring Willie Anderson and/or Joe Walter.  I remember in 2009 listening to Joe on Bengals Line wax eloquently about how to use proper leverage to move a defensive linemen any way he wanted to move him.

Lack of technique leads to lack of confidence which leads to lack of energy which leads to missing blocks.

Yeah but Bates wasnt leading with his helmet... What a p***y.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Zac Taylor’s team too football woke? - jason - 09-15-2020, 08:17 PM