Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware Of Joe Burrow=Andrew Luck
(09-18-2020, 10:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As an Oregon fan who’s probably watched more of Sewell than the rest of us combined, in your opinion would taking him 1 or 2 be worth turning down a non-crazy offer for our spot? I’ve personally been on his bandwagon for a while now. Kid would instantly make us better. I look at getting a handful of picks for him as lottery tickets, whereas he’s a sure thing (or as close as they come).

Yes, without a doubt. If someone just offers a boatload, then okay, sure. However, aside from that, we need to take him. I think this would be the best tape of his ability. Penei Sewell vs Auburn 2019

In this video he goes up against Derrick Brown (#7 OA in 2020, Jersey #5), Nick Coe (undrafted in 2020, Jersey #91) and Marlon Davidson (#47 OA in 2020, Jersey #3) and he blanks them all. There are several points where he straight up manhandles them, including Derrick Brown. There is a play at 2:15 where he takes Marlon Davidson and just tosses him out of the play so the running back has the crease he needs, which I just love watching. 

I try to remain as objective as possible on my Ducks. I didn't want us to draft Herbert, though I would have been fine with Throckmorton or Lemieux in the later rounds. Given the state of this roster and the potential we have at QB, if Sewell is there, I am taking him without hesitation. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beware Of Joe Burrow=Andrew Luck - J24 - 09-18-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Beware Of Joe Burrow=Andrew Luck - J24 - 09-18-2020, 02:55 AM
RE: Beware Of Joe Burrow=Andrew Luck - KillerGoose - 09-18-2020, 11:16 AM